About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers globally (100 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world’s leading Muslim mobile app.
Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
- Lead overall legal team on the structuring, negotiating and implementation of content acquisition deals.
- Oversee contract preparation and preparation of legal agreements specific to the business needs (including license agreements/amendments and production agreements).
- Oversee the collection and dissemination of a large of volume of contracts on series and film productions.
- Provide legal advice for content production deals.
- Lead legal and territory-specific research, and maintaining a legal knowledge database.
- Working cross functionally to maintain alignment on projects and facilitate communication between departments and cross functional teams.
- Min 5 years of experience either in a similar role in the media industry (SVoD platform, content provider); or in a legal firm working with media clients.
- Direct experience negotiating and drafting digital and/or pay television acquisition and distribution agreements in international market.
- Familiarity with content licensing, new media content technologies and systems, Internet and e-commerce law (including transactional and subscription-based offerings), and commercial agreements, and copyright a strong plus, but not mandatory.
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision or lack of established process.
- Preferably based in Singapore.