About the company
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers in South-East Asia (120 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users).
Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world leading Muslim mobile app. Headquarter in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race and religion and our current team includes people from 10 different countries across our three offices in the region.
- 4 to 6+ years experience in native Android application development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’ degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience. Diploma holder or a person with mid-career switch with equivalent relevant experience may be considered.
- A portfolio of work showcasing released native Android apps.
- Proficient in Kotlin with knowledge of Java.
- Proficient in of Android design and development lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of Git or any other version control system.
- Writes readable, maintainable, future-proof, scalable code.
- Must be able to identify and fix issues proactively.
- Willing to be based in Singapore.
- Good knowledge in best practices of Android application development.
- Good understanding of MVVM app architecture and different design patterns.
- Good understanding of CI/CD and release lifecycle.
- Good knowledge in Android Jetpack (Databinding, Room, Hilt etc).
- Proficient in Kotlin coroutines, extensions.
- Proficient in RESTful APIs and their integration with Android apps.
- Good knowledge in Retrofit, Moshi (or GSON).
- Working knowledge of Firebase and its different products.
- Able to review others’ codes.
- Able to help out junior developers.
- Able to work on full features independently.