About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers globally (120 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world’s leading Muslim lifestyle app.
Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Bitsmedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different nationalities across our three offices in the region
- Law degree (LLB, JD or equivalent)
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant legal experience (preferably in-house at an international media, technology, or internet company)
- Licensed to practice law in Singapore and/or US
- Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills in English
- Strong experience in contractual and commercial law
- Extraordinary judgment of the appropriate balance between risk, regulatory compliance, and business needs
- Adept at identifying and considering critical key issues, and assessing and articulating legal risks so the business can make informed commercial decisions
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
- Experience in media, content acquisition/production, OTT, intellectual property, technology licensing, dispute resolution, corporate governance, compliance, and regulatory regimes, and/or privacy and data protection
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise of US and/or international laws dealing with content regulation, intellectual property, advertising, data protection and privacy frameworks (including GDPR and CCPA), and consumer protection
- Self-motivated, a high degree of independence, and have a desire and ability to pitch in, be challenged and think outside the box
- A commercially astute business-partner
- Strong project and people management skills, with the ability to lead and obtain consensus from key stakeholders and third parties
- Comfortable working with international teams, and across job functions and levels
- Based in Singapore.