About the company:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers globally (120 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world’s leading Muslim lifestyle app.
Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Bitsmedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different nationalities across our three offices in the region.
About the job:
The position is based in our Kuala Lumpur office which is located along Jalan Bukit Bintang, in the heart of the golden triangle. You’ll be joining a young and dynamic team of people in Kuala Lumpur and will work closely with teams from Singapore and Jakarta. English is the working language at the office.
We are looking for a QA Tester to assess the Muslim Pro application quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches in the app. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly.
As the first point of contact for the users, you’re also an important member of the team for being the voice of the Muslim Pro team to understand the challenges users face and provide effective payment and technical support solutions via our customer support channels and app store review management.
- Test the Muslim Pro application updates across different mediums as below:
- Mobile phones
- Smart TV in the near future
- Provide updates on all findings & bugs found in Muslim Pro app to our Management Platform.
- Develop test automation with tools like testproject.io, browser stack, firebase test lab, or similar.
- Inform other stakeholders of actual results that differ from the expected results.
- Identify and document variances/defects in user experience, usability, process flows, identify functionalities, and communicate them to the team.
- Work closely with the development team to improve existing products.
- Answering Technical emails through our ticketing tool (Zendesk).
- Monitor and reply to user reviews on our Google PlayStore and AppStore platform
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Knowledge of the mobile apps ecosystem is an added advantage (iOS, Android, Huawei App Gallery)
- Basic knowledge of tools like Jira & Monday is an added advantage
- Rational Analysis & Logical Thinking
- Familiar with project management and project breakdown
- Great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good writing and email handling skills to communicate with users and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English (Written & Oral)
- Able to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Meticulous, independent, and efficient in handling customer support inquiries and quality assurance testing