About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers globally (120 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world’s leading Muslim lifestyle app.
Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Bitsmedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different nationalities across our three offices in the region.
About the job:
Responsible for the planning and management of Bitsmedia’s group of brands’ content strategy and to oversee the end-to-end development of content to meet the stipulated communications goals and objectives. This includes managing a team of internal and external writers, reviewing content, managing the content calendar, identifying content gaps and opportunities, setting styling guidelines, liaising with other departments, and managing day to day operations.
- Proficiency in developing and managing content strategy and calendars, identifying areas of interest for target consumer segments and utilizing analytics to optimize content performance.
- Produce and edit text, photo, video, and interactive content for the venture.
- Diplomatically coordinates with and edits the work of other writers and contributors to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality of digital publication.
- Strategise the development of fresh, quality App and Web-based graphics, video and audio and interactive content that supports organisation missions, goals and objectives.
- Conform to an appropriate and fitting style and voice of publication.
- Build and manage a team of freelance editorial contributors, including working directly with talent for appropriate contributions and originals.
- Coordinate with the App and Web production team (app engineering team, technical web developers and product managers) in developing the information architecture of content within App and Web.
- Support copywriting needs across the company.
- Manage the day-to-day publishing, production, related workflows including budgets for all content areas of the venture’s digital platforms to ensure that offerings and associated metadata are timely, relevant, accurate and compelling.
- Produce reports and analyse insights from content across App and Web.
- A degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ creating content, overseeing editorial assignments, and managing publishing processes across web and mobile platforms.
- Updated on faith-related global news and trends including lifestyle and spiritual practices.
- Great working knowledge of SEO keyword optimisation and web traffic tracking metrics and tools (SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Experience with Content Management Systems, e.g., WordPress
- Experience overseeing a team of editorial contributors.
- Excellent editing and writing skills, with a strong sense of how editorial builds community.
- A creative and critical thinker with the ability to produce engaging ideas on how to connect different brands with a young and urban global audience.
- Organized and with a high attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Responsive and strong interpersonal and communication skills required for good teamwork in a virtual/hybrid setting.