About Bitsmedia Group:
An opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers globally (150 million downloads, over 20 million Monthly Active Users). Established in Singapore in 2009, Bitsmedia develops and publishes Muslim Pro, the world’s leading Muslim lifestyle app.
Headquartered in Singapore, we also have regional offices in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Bitsmedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. Our current dynamic and diverse team includes people from 10 different nationalities across our three offices in the region.
About the job:
The Content Moderation Specialist (Freelance) is responsible for making Bitsmedia a safe place for users around the world to experience and learn more about Muslim culture. Whether understanding and solving online content concerns, navigating experts’ recommendations, or writing and enforcing policy, the Content Moderation Specialist is responsible for enhancing the Bitsmedia experience and building a safe place for everyone to enjoy.
Please take note that this is a freelance position.
- Work closely with Content Team to screen video content for potential risk assessment and moderation
- Comprehensive reporting on suitability of content messaging for viewers
- Provide recommendations to content partners on how to adjust content to fit the viewing habits of our user base
- Identify synergies between content and overarching content themes
- Provide relevant research around potential hazards through independent research and consulting with cultural religious experts and advisors
- Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to have prepared procedures in place to address community complaints
- Degree or Diploma in Islamic Studies, Sociology or related studies.
- Censorship/Moderation/Content review background
- Good cultural background on Muslims in APAC/MENA would be a plus.
- Detail oriented, critical thinker and observant
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work across multiple teams, consult external parties and interact with the user base
- Strong research and writing skills, can seek out research and information to write about the content hazard
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision or lack of established process.
- Preferably based in Singapore, Malaysia