About the company:
An incredible opportunity to work at one of the biggest app publishers in the world. Bitsmedia is the developer and publisher of Muslim Pro – the world’s most popular Muslim lifestyle app; the digital home for all things Muslim.
With over 150 million global downloads, Muslim Pro holds the top position among mobile apps in the lifestyle category in Singapore and Southeast Asia, based on cumulative downloads as of May 2023. Bitsmedia is also the developer of Qalbox, a Muslim entertainment streaming service which hosts an extensive and diverse library of Muslim content – from films, documentaries, children’s edutainment to TV and original series.
Headquartered in Singapore, the company also has satellite offices in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Jakarta (Indonesia). We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race or religion. Our current dynamic and diverse team includes staff of 16 nationalities.
About the role:
As a Market Research Analyst at Bitsmedia, your primary role will be to perform relevant research, market intelligence, competition, and consumer insights for our digital products. This also includes collecting and studying information about our users, usage trends, products, and services and effectively communicating insights to stakeholders to align future strategies.
The Market Research Analyst sits within the Growth team.
- Provide relevant research and data around trends, market intelligence, competition and consumer insights in the video streaming and mobile application space
- Collaborate with Content, Marketing and Product teams to understand their insight needs and align strategies with research findings
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative research; design a research project to meet the needs of the business question and determine which methodology best serves the purpose
- Analyze digital market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor strategies to identify opportunities and threats.
- Integrate data & insights from other sources and provide actionable recommendations
- Create data visualizations and reports to effectively communicate insights to stakeholders
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Marketing, Statistics, Business, or a related field.
- Min 3 years of experience in market research and data analysis, preferably in a digital context.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software.
- Familiarity with market research tools and methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal) with experience presenting / socializing insights at all levels of an organization (and especially to non-researchers)
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision or lack of established process