About the job
Do you love to develop solutions that get the job done and solve users’ problems worldwide? Are you an advocate for the best ideas that derive from a team of talented designers, research specialists, and product managers? If you would love to make an impact to create and optimize service experiences for millions of users across the world, Bitsmedia is the right place for you because we are expanding our Product Team.
This position is based in Singapore, Keppel Rd. The products you would be working on are Muslim Pro and Qalbox. Muslim Pro is the one-stop digital freemium solution that helps over 150 million downloads and over 22 million monthly active users who connect with their faith-related goals and lifestyles. Qalbox is the entertainment vertical and serves as a Subscription Video-on-demand (SVOD) service to provide relevant video content to our users, pivoting towards an AVOD model.
You’ll be joining a young and dynamic team of people from all over the world. The UX team is part of the Product Team, and you would contribute to the development and project execution of a live product with a global reach, working closely with the engineering & marketing teams.
Key job responsibilities
- You build confidence in a direction with your engineering and PM partners before acting.
- You can do research to validate your own work if necessary.
- You assist PMs and more senior designers/writers in bringing larger strategic vision work to life (e.g. by creating mocks, designing decks, and writing documents).
- You consider all constraints in your designs (like dark mode and localization, hover/focus, and shortcuts).
- You go beyond click-through prototypes and incorporate animations and transitions across various interactions.
- You can recall internal properties/style guides of systems and explain them to stakeholders.
- You are comfortable collaborating with engineering and PM partners to understand a system completely and improve it.
- You work with marketing to craft clear, compelling value props for your features.
- You contribute to the UX writing style guide.
- You lead meetings effectively and could represent our brands well externally.
- You have a clear process: it’s easy for work partners to know your priorities and predict the cadence of your work.
- You maintain an open mindset toward changes and challenges, looking for how you can help and grow.
- You understand how your work contributes to the business and prioritize accordingly.
- You participate in road mapping and planning conversations.
- You address post-launch issues and make suggestions to improve your impact.
- You offer suggestions on how our product and processes can improve and help implement solutions.
- You suggest and implement team culture improvements.
- At least 3 years experience in UX design for mobile applications (native iOS/Android)
- A deep understanding of the design thinking process (discover, define, develop, deliver)
- Ability to work in a high-growth environment and in cross-functional teams
- Experience launching new features will be highly useful
- Experience in broadcast (SVOD, news, or streaming video services) product management is an advantage
- Experience owning technology products as a product manager or owner is an advantage
- Developing business cases for new product opportunities and product constructs
- Scaling and iterating from MVPs over the product life cycle and adoption to new market segments
- Customer service experience, especially with customer success & actively leveraging qualitative/quantitative data from market research, UX research, and business analysts
- Familiar with freemium and subscription business models
- Familiar with the mobile advertising ecosystem
- Beneficial fields of study (but not required): behavioral economics, finance, product management, app/game/web design, international business, business degrees
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through user-centered, data-informed insights
Depending on the candidate’s experience, this position could be adjusted to a junior or senior role. Bitsmedia believes in continuous learning and skill development. Our package includes an annual credit for courses and career progression. A Reforge training membership is part of this role’s benefits.